Thursday, November 20, 2008

Are we in this weekend????!

No we're not! Luckily for us, our real estate agent has let us stay an extra week. God forbid if we haven't had handover by then! Unfortunately things haven't moved as quickly as expected. Carpet was put in yesterday and looks great (through the windows!!!!). The downpipes have been connected. Cleaning was done early in the week but will be done again next week. Portico still not painted but the weather is a bit unreliable at the moment! We are hoping to have our "walk through" either tomorrow or Monday, with handover following not far behind. We have had an "issue" crop up that needs to be rectified, which I won't discuss on here, but hopefully it can be fixed quickly and won't affect our handover or move-in date.

So really all we are waiting on are the painting of the portico, appliances to be put in, including the ducted heating and hot water units, another clean and a Certificate of Occupancy!!!!

Fingers crossed everybody!!!!!

xMel

P.S. My red kettle has already bloody died....:( So very sad and they have no more in stock and don't know if they will be getting any more.....:( So I have told them I will wait a while just in case, so I am currently boiling water on my stove every day!!! Worth the pain if it means I get my red kettle in the end! Note to self: Do not throw away old kettle if it is not broken!! (Or is that called hoarding?!!!!!)

No comments: