Thursday, November 27, 2008

Latest update!!

Well it's coming right down to the wire! Finally had our walk-through this morning. Our supervisor was great and picked up things we wouldn't have :) Very minor stuff; mainly paint scuffs etc. By late this afternoon, all these issues had been fixed :) Gotta be happy with that! The valuer from the Bank came (forgot about him and how we need him before they'll give us the money!), and by all accounts, and every finger and toe crossed, we should have the cheque in our hot little hands by tomorrow lunchtime. Handover will occur after that and then we move in on Saturday!!!!! Well, that is how it is meant to happen, and my god, I hope it does!

In hindsight, we should have allowed more time for the "behind-the-scenes" stuff but ah well, we can put that down as something we have learnt for next time! Because I reckon we will do it again one day; we've had a ball this time round and are so happy with our new Marshall Mansion!

So what else? The appliances are booked to go in tomorrow, as are the flyscreens and....da, da, da - our portico was painted today!!!! And I must say, it bloody well rocks!!!!! Can't believe I forgot to take a photo to put on here!!!! Will have to do it tomorrow! I was so worried about the colour I'd chosen but let's just say - you know the Colourbond Roof ad where the man is standing outside in his underwear admiring his roof??! That was me today admiring my portico! But not in my underwear of course!!!!! It looks SO ace and I am massively happy with it!

But still no red kettle :( I am trying to remain calm! I must have my red kettle! (See previous post if you have no idea what the hell I'm talking about!)

Anyway! Off to bed and hoping against hope that all falls into place tomorrow! And that the rain doesn't fall on the weekend like it did the last one! Now that would suck!

xMadmel

No comments: