Monday, September 15, 2008

Little Chick has hatched early!!!!!!!

A whole week without a post - very unlike me - but there is a very good reason why - and here she is!!!!! Meet Lexi Rose Dianne Marshall - born Wednesday, 10th September at 9.20am - 4 weeks early - 5 pd 9oz. No idea why she came early; my waters broke at 4.30am that morning; I guess she was just ready to come! She spent three days in the Special Care Nursery, just because she was little, early, and couldn't regulate her temperature properly, but good as gold otherwise. We came home yesterday and have been nesting ever since - we weren't quite ready for her!!!! Daddy is proud as punch, biggest brother Jett is absolutely besotted with her and Kobe - well let's just say we will be keeping a very close eye on him when he's around his sister! Hopefully things will settle down over the next few months as we get used to having her around! As you can see, she's not the most photogenic baby in the world - and this is the best picture so far!!!!! Thankfully she is actually a lot prettier in real life - or could that be the mother in me coming out?! So there you go - pretty exciting news huh?!

House-wise, well, I couldn't really tell you what's been going on! I know the brickies weren't there last week but all the internal doors had been delivered. My little birdie told me that she saw brickies there this morning, so I have told Dave to go past on his way from picking Jett up from school, so I may post later or I may not!!!!

xMel

1 comment:

Gav and Ness said...

Oh My God.......
Congratulations guys..... Beautiful job....
See it doesn't matter how well organised women can be... they don't know everything...lol.....

On the other hand... at least I know where our brickies are today...lol.... Now I know why they haven't finished our place... heheheheheh... Yes Vanessa loves the fact she has her own lounge room... we will see how long that lasts....lol.....