Monday, August 25, 2008

Insulation and plaster!

I was preparing myself this morning, prior to visiting the house! The bricks had been delivered and we were quietly hopeful the brickies might be starting today, beautiful weather and all, but we are also aware (from building the first time!), that what you want usually doesn't happen! As I turned the corner into our street, the house across the road was literally covered in brickies (they must have had brick issues too, as their building stopped for about three weeks and their bricks were finally delivered on Friday). Only one little ute was parked in our driveway. Didn't look like a brickie's ute to me! There were a couple of tool boxes in the back with 'Gyprock' stickers on it. "Hmmm, plaster", I thought, "maybe just dropping more stuff off".

Boy did I get a surprise when I dropped in this afternoon!!!! All the wall insulation had been put in, and a fair bit of plaster work had been started, namely in the study, lounge room and walk-in-robe! I could not believe my eyes!!! I didn't realise that this sort of stuff could still be done even if the bricks weren't! As is my favourite catchcry of the moment, "Yee haa", I yelled!!!! Can't wait to see what happens next!!!!

xMel

1 comment:

Gav and Ness said...

I don't like you guys anymore.... :-(