Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Doors, architraves and ......?!

All sorts of little bits and pieces have been going on, unfortunately no pics 'cause we can't get in!

From what we can see through windows, all the doors have been hung and architraves done.

Fit-out of the wardrobes/cupboards are mostly finished.

The doors in the garage (through to laundry and study) have been fixed.

Plaster work in master bedroom has been finished (there was an issue with our power pole).

Plaster nearly finished in garage.

Which brings us up to today. I drove past this morning and there was a van parked out the front with a Bristol sticker on it. "Isn't that paint?" I said to myself. Rang Dave, just a tad excited. He suggested I go inside and have a chat and find out! Now that's big stuff to us, because until now, we haven't spoken to a single tradie on site because we don't want to get in the way! But now that we can't get in.....! So in I went and had a lovely chat with.....the painter!!!!!! Yee haa!!!!! How insane is that?!!!! Unreal! He was prepping, getting ready to start! Let's hope the colours I've picked are ok.....freaking out about that a bit because of the colour muck-up with the kitchen......

So there you go! Don't know what's next; we love the surprise of turning up and trying to work out what's been done! There's always something! Getting down to the pointy end now I think!

I've also made an executive decision to go with the 'Manor Red' render colour - fingers crossed it's not a decision that comes back to bite me on the bum!

Oh and our groovy front door is now on; albeit in that lovely aqua colour!!!!

xMel

No comments: